A recent article, How to get the Windows 10 update now by Admin says that Windows 10 is available and if your version of Windows is genuine, then a Windows icon should pop up in your taskbar. Then, what’s next? Should you update?
Let’s take a look.
- Windows 10 is free if you upgrade within 12 months of release (that’s July 29th 2016).
- You will have to pay the standard retail costs: $119.99 for ‘Windows 10 Home’ and $199.99 for ‘Windows 10 Pro’ if you upgrade after the said date.
- It is designed to be compatible with the vast majority of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices.
- Per report, upgrades on dozens of computers new and old and have not had any problems.
- If you have lots of specialized programs like some business software, it might be wise to wait at least a few months or contact an Instant Computer Technical Support to assist you.
- If you have an old computer with Microsoft Windows XP Support or Microsoft Windows Vista Support or an old laptop that gets hot, advice is don’t upgrade and just buy a new one.
The only requirements for upgrade are:
- Your device is compatible.
- You’re running genuine Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows 8.1 (Update).
Upgrade with the Microsoft’s ‘Get Windows 10’ app
- Clicking on the Windows icon on the taskbar will open up Microsoft’s Get Windows 10 app, which prompts you to sign up to download the new OS and determine if your computer is compatible.
- Enter your email address into the system.
- The upgrade will be released to select batches of users, not all at once.
- The wait could be weeks for some users.
- Then you’ll get a notification that lets you get started with your upgrade.
If you want to upgrade your device to Windows 10 while it’s free, Shift Tech Solutions can help you upgrade, verify compatibility, check the hardware, check for viruses, uninstall old software, advise you on backup and antivirus options. Shift Tech Solutions provides the best computer repair service. We offer technical support for any computer-related issues or networking problems. We are experts in Support for Printers, Scanners & Other Peripherals and Avast Antivirus Support so give us a call today!
Are you ready to upgrade to Windows 10? Let’s know your comments and questions below.